Monday, January 12, 2015

This is Australia - As a Grey Nomand: Part 9 Wild Flowers of WA






So just to mix it up a bit, I will do a post just on the WA wild flowers.  Anyone who knows me, knows I love my flower shots while travelling.  Why?  The flowers of an area help me to remember the area better, they show a different side of a place other than just the tourist shot, and besides, WA is renowned for its wild flowers and especially in July-September it is the best time to see them.  If you are lucky enough to be in WA at this time you will not be disappointed they are in abundance.  Here is a collection of my wild flower shots from our trip.





I think you might be able to tell the few shots at Ayres Rock and Kings Canyon (obviously not in WA, but beautiful nevertheless).



So here is a bunch of flowers for all of you or if you want to see all 300 odd here is the linkThe Wild Flower Collection - WA

Don't ask me what their names are, to buy a book on the WA wild flowers costs about $20, so decided while it would have been nice to know the name of everything - we would just enjoy their beauty.







No comments:

Post a Comment